My previous hosting expired, and I decided not to renew. I've moved onto a new technology, and as a part of that, I still need to go back in and reimplement the blogger APIs, and then get back on whatever I had planned to do with this project. In the meantime, I'll let this sit out there and see what happens. Feel free to reach out and contact me if you have comments, suggestions, random thoughts, whatever.
A quick comment on the technology, the previous site was running on .net MVC. It worked out ok, but it had a couple of drawbacks. Way more overhead than necessary for this project, and I had to go find a decent computer with Visual Studio installed if I wanted to work on it. Not a big deal, but I've become a Chromebook user in my non-work time, and I'd like to be able to use my new Pixelbook for as much as possible. For the purposes of this current project I'm using a free account on Cloud9 for the IDE and hosting of the 'beta' version of this site. For git hosting, I'm still using BitBucket. For the version that my domain points to, I'm deploying to Heroku. For development work, I can open a browser and go to the Dev9 IDE. When I push code to master, it kicks off a pipeline that builds and deploys to Heroku. A very cool process that lets me to full development from my Pixelbook, with a CICD pipeline that takes my code directly to production. Now, if only Google would get around to letting me develop Android on this thing, I wouldn't have to compete with the other computer users in the house to work on Android stuff.
Also, I've got another version floating around out there to try things out before deploying to this server, because I'm in unfamiliar territory and I want to make sure I don't bring my site down by doing something stupid in the code. It may be the same version as the primary site, it may not.